Has your smile become a bit dull? Maybe it’s lost some of its original luster? Perhaps your teeth just need a quick boost?
Teeth whitening is an excellent solution for a smile that just needs a small upgrade, and Davis Family Dentistry can help! We offer two convenient solutions to help you reclaim the dazzling smile you once had.
If you need immediate results, an in-office whitening treatment may be just the solution you’re looking for.
We’ll start by making sure your gums and soft tissues are protected from excess whitening gel, and then we’ll apply a high strength whitening product to your teeth. We’ll finish with fluoride to help alleviate any sensitivity you may encounter, and you’ll leave our office with teeth that are 6 to 10 shades lighter than when you came in!
Take-Home Whitening Trays
Patients who would like to whiten their teeth based on their own schedule will love take-home whitening trays. We’ll create trays that are customized to fit your teeth based on impressions we take, and then we’ll show you how to correctly apply the whitening gel to your trays.
We suggest whitening for two weeks initially to achieve your desired results, and then you’ll have your trays available so you can update your teeth whenever you like. Our patients love the freedom they have to improve their smiles at their leisure.
Why Are My Teeth Discolored?
There are many factors that can cause discoloration of our teeth including age, genetics, lifestyle choices, and consuming certain foods such as:
- Tomatoes or marinara sauce
- Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- Curries and soy sauce
- Coffee, tea, dark cola, and red wine
You don’t have to eliminate these foods and beverages from your diet completely; however, limiting your consumption, or even rinsing with water afterward, helps protect the color of your teeth and your whitening investment.
Why Choose Professional Whitening Treatment?
While it may seem more convenient to purchase your whitening system from the grocery store, there are actually some benefits to whitening professionally that you should consider, such as:
- Higher strength gel: Davis Family Dentistry has access to a much higher strength gel than you can purchase at the store, which means it’ll take less time to achieve your desired goal.
- Custom-fit trays: Our whitening trays are customized to fit your teeth, whereas generic products are one size fits all, which could lead to injury from the whitening gel.
- Safety first: Whitening under the supervision of your dentist is always advisable in case you experience any issues with sensitivity.
If you’d like to upgrade your smile with teeth whitening, we’d love to discuss your options with you. We know you’ll love the results and how whitening can make a huge impact on your smile. Call Davis Family Dentistry to learn more.