Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When it comes to your dental care, you might have questions – and you should!
At Davis Family Dentistry, we believe in providing patient-guided dentistry, so you decide on your goals for your smile and we'll help get you there! This involves educating you about your oral health so you can make confident decisions about the care that's right for your needs.
We always welcome your questions and have provided some of those we hear most often for your convenience. If you don't find the answers to your questions here, feel free to contact our office.
- How can I replace a missing tooth?
- When should my child first see the dentist?
- Will my insurance cover my treatment?
- Will my treatment procedure hurt?
- If my tooth doesn't hurt, do I still need treatment?
- Do I really need x-rays?
- Why should I go to the dentist regularly?
- What type of toothbrush and toothpaste should I use?
- What causes cavities?
- Do veneers cause damage or ruin your teeth?
- What is the difference between silver and white fillings?
- If my teeth are reshaped for veneers what will they look like? Will they be sensitive?
- What are partials?
- What is a denture?
- How do I care for my denture?
- What is a root canal?
- What is a dental veneer?
- Is root canal treatment painful?
- If the tooth isn't bothering me, why do I need a root canal?